Course overview: In this course, you will learn about the many negative health effects of the toxic material asbestos and how to minimize your chances of exposure to it. First, you'll discover which conditions and activities put you at the greatest risk of exposure to asbestos, as well as the serious illnesses asbestos can cause after exposure. Next, we will discuss regulations regarding asbestos, including worker exposure limits set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Finally, you will learn what to do when you encounter asbestos and what your rights and responsibilities regarding this hazardous substance.
After taking this course, workers will know how to identify and respond to asbestos to minimize their chances of exposure and the negative health consequences.
- Explain what asbestos is
- Give examples of how asbestos might appear at work
- Identify health effects of asbestos exposure
- Identify ways to prevent exposure to asbestos on the job
- Explain what to do if they are exposed to asbestos
- UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR." Occupational Safety and Health Administration, www.osha.gov/SLTC/asbestos/hazards.html . Accessed 2 Oct. 2017.
- "UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF LABOR." Occupational Safety and Health Administration, www.osha.gov/Publications/OSHA3507.pdf . Accessed 2 Oct. 2017.
- OSHA 29 CFR 1910.1001 - Asbestos Standard for General Industry
- OSHA 29 CFR 1926.1101 - Asbestos Standard for the Construction Industry
Audio Narration,Inline Activities,Video,Post-Assessment
Interested in offering this course to your employees? Let's Talk