Course overview: Discover the steps you can take to reduce workplace injuries and illnesses caused by poor ergonomics. This course includes important information from OSHA to help promote a healthier work environment. The goal of ergonomics is to protect workers by eliminating the factors that cause Cumulative Trauma Disorders (CTDs). In this course, you’ll learn about the common types of CTDs, the workplace tasks that contribute to them, and what to do if you start experiencing symptoms. You’ll also discover the 10 Principles of Ergonomics and how to “fit the workplace to the worker” using long-term methods.
By the end of this course, you will know how to improve the ergonomics of your work environment, creating a more comfortable, productive workspace for yourself and your coworkers.
- Recall the underlying principle of ergonomics in the workplace and core risk factors
- Identify causes of CTDs
- Recognize common types of cumulative trauma disorders
- Match warning signs and symptoms with solutions and actions
- Identify ergonomic principles
- Recognize elements of an effective ergonomic health and safety program
- OSH Act of 1970, General Duty Clause, Section 5 (a)(1)(2)
Instant Safety Video
Interested in offering this course to your employees? Let's Talk